Monday, August 12, 2013

♥ Love is Love ♥ : A Lesbian (LGBT) Perspective

As usual, my good friend online gave me inspiration to make a post about love and relationships, most specifically pertaining to mine, and I've been working on this post for a few days, so I'm glad to finally be able to bring it to you :).  

Her post consisted of how her relationship, which happens to be long-distance, doesn't deserve any less respect than the next relationship, long-distance or not.  I completely agree with her.  Though I personally am not in a long-distance relationship, that does not mean that I haven't faced judgement based on the relationship I am in now.

In fact, I have, but in a different form.  And no, it's not just because I am gay and in a relationship with a woman (although that is judged far too often as it is).  Instead, I was judged for how "fast" I fell in love with my fiancee.  

Now, first off, how does that even seem fair?!  Is there a specific timeline that all must follow stating EXACTLY when you're allowed to fall in love with someone?  Granted, I know that some people out there act impulsively, and granted, I was one of those people at one time, and that's where that judgement comes from - that you're being too "quick" with your heart that your brain has no time to catch up and tell you you're being an idiot.  But sometimes, you find a rare occasion where your brain HAS caught up with your heart, and it's telling you you're being an idiot for not YET stating that you are in love - and not just in love, but the "can't eat, can't sleep, reach for the stars, over the fence, world series kind of stuff".


But things are different in the relationship I am in right now.  I have never been more sure, more positive, more convinced or believing than I am with how much I love the woman I am about to marry.  She has brought happiness and love to my life in a way I never thought was even possible.  Yeah, I mean, hey, I was a happy person before I met her, don't get me wrong...



But the moment she stepped into my life, I didn't truly realize how much I had been missing until she was in it.  Then, love just took off...




~



So with some help from my favorite movies - "When Harry Met Sally" and "The Notebook" (as well as a few others) - let's cover the reasons why, when you find the love of your life, everything changes...



First off, my fiancee makes me feel amazing just being myself - not someone else, not someone "better", not someone that needed to change - ME.  But that doesn't mean that she doesn't challenge me to become a better person overall, and she has.  But hey! I mean, she even loves all my quirks!



Another thing that starts to happen is the way your whole life becomes about them and sharing experiences and accomplishments with that ONE person.  You start looking for ways to show your love at every corner.  My fiancee shows her love to me in so much, but I especially love just the little things - the little glances here and there, teasing each other in ways only we understand...




But even with all that love can bring you, that doesn't mean you don't have arguments.  And boy, sometimes my fiancee and I can get in to it lol...


However, our arguments end up turning productive.  We learn about one another, we become aware of certain triggers that we both have that were not apparent before, and we come to conclusions in which we both can learn from in regards to how to better achieve our initial goals with one another without the argument occurring at all for the future.   A large part of love is about learning, and learning is key to making the relationship work, no matter how in love you already are ;).





But the best part?  The very best part about finding the love of your life?  Ironically, no, it's not the sex lol (although that's fantastic as well :P).  No, I would have to say it is...

The kissing...



Oh my god, the kissing...



There is something magical, amazing, and awe-inspiring that makes kissing the person you are meant to love over all of the other people you have ever kissed.  You don't know what it's like until you experience it.  There is nothing else like it in the world.  And you become addicted to it immediately...




It feels like you will never, EVER get enough...


~

So that, my friends, is true love.  My definition of it anyway.  I encourage all of you to go out and find that love that you're meant to be a part of in your life.  Don't just "settle" for something that you *think* is love.  Find the true form.  It is out there, I promise you.  From someone who almost settled for something that wasn't meant for her, take it from me...

FIND LOVE.
It's life changing 

And, as always - thank you Melody for the inspiration ;)



Subscribe to Our Blog Updates!




Share this article!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Return to top of page
Powered By Blogger | Design by Genesis Awesome | Blogger Template by Lord HTML