Friday, January 9, 2015

Sharing is Caring - Technology: HyperX Cloud Gaming Headset by Kingston

HyperX Cloud Gaming Headset by Kingston ($79.99 on Amazon at time of review)


For Christmas, I received the HyperX Cloud Gaming Headset from my wife for use on my Xbox One as well as my PC when I'm playing games.  This gave her the benefit of not having to hear my shoot-em-up games blasting on our 55" HDTV while she's trying to fall asleep at night or working in the next room, and it gave me the benefit of not having to deal with an unhappy wife.  Like they say, "Unhappy wife, unhappy life!"

As per my usual tendencies, I did some extensive research when looking into headsets that could work across certain platforms as well as be top quality in design, sound, and experience.  Repeatedly, I heard about this headset, especially with the price being so affordable in a market that is ruled the $150+ gaming headset.   At $80 for this headset, it is worth every penny, and makes me feel as if I'm robbing Kingston by only paying that price for it.


I actually cross-use these on both my Xbox One (via the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter) as well as my PC, and they are phenomenal. Excellent sound, easy functions, great clarity. All of the sound effects that are required to be at certain decibels and certain crescendos are heard loud and clear. The headset rests comfortably on my head without feeling heavy or bulky. I even wear glasses while playing my Xbox (for the faraway TV), and have no issue with the headset pushing my glasses arms into the side of my head, or moving them about on my face. The ear cups are super comfortable and completely encase me in my gameplay. Anyone around me has stated that they can't hear a single sound out of the headset unless there is a large and epic explosion (think end of Call of Duty) and the sound on the headset is turned up to the maximum level. Aside from that, they are super quiet for your surroundings. I highly recommend this headset for any gameplay.


  • Designed in Sweden and recommended by the world's most elite gaming organizations
  • Extremely comfortable light weight headset with leatherette memory foam ear cups and extra set of velour ear cups 
  • Over-the Ear headphone with noise isolating ear cups and detachable microphone 53mm hifi capable drivers with 15-25khz frequency response 
  • Tangle free braided cables with inline volume control and mic-mute controls 
  • Compatibility: PC, PS4, MAC, iPhone, Xbox One (Xbox One Stereo Adapter Required, not included) Stereo 3.5mm plug 
  • TeamSpeak Certified 
  • Two year warranty

A fine product for any gaming enthusiast.  I give this product:
⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆



Subscribe to Our Blog Updates!




Share this article!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Return to top of page
Powered By Blogger | Design by Genesis Awesome | Blogger Template by Lord HTML