Wednesday, April 23, 2014

I'm Back!! And Just Returned from AwesomeCon DC!

I know...I know...

It's been 

FOREVER

But you know, with the whole getting married and starting a life with someone else, as well as dealing with all the aftermath of a wedding (the honeymoon, gift opening, etc.) - it's been a busy time for me!  That, and I've recently began the process of moving across the United States from Washington, DC to Los Angeles, CA.  I leave next Friday!  I'm super excited and can't wait to get back to my home state.

However, I thought I would open back up this blog with my escapades into my first Convention ever - AwesomeCon DC.  I had never been to a comic, artist, entertainment convention before, so it was quite an experience!  I only went to this one because the star guest was Billie Piper of "Doctor Who" fame - she played "Rose Tyler" brilliantly in the beginning of the new series with Christopher Eccleston and David Tennant.


My experience was quite...interesting.  I loved every minute of it.  I loved looking at people participating in Cosplay, I loved talking to fellow fans of "Doctor Who" and Billie, or Harry Potter, or Game of Thrones, and more!  I loved seeing all the artwork, meeting all the celebrities, reading all the comics, looking at all the cool geeky stuff that was for sale.  It was, just as promised, AWESOME.  I walked away with a few goodies of my own (including a personalized signed t-shirt from Billie herself!):


In addition, I got to sit in on Billie's Q&A.  I purchased a VIP ticket for the convention for Billie, and boy am I glad that I did.  I got prime seating for the Q&A, a free autograph, and a free photo op (still waiting for that picture) - and it paid off.  The Q&A was ridiculous!  The line to get in to see Billie was longer than any line I've ever seen even at Disneyland (and the venue only allotted for 581 people).  But I got a great seat and got some great shots of Billie answering questions.


All in all, it was a great experience, and I look forward to attending other conventions in the future.  I'm not sure I'll be one of those people that wants to attend every one - it was a *bit* overwhelming! - but I do plan on attending more with people that I would truly love to meet, as well as attend them with my wife and family possibly down the road ;).



Subscribe to Our Blog Updates!




Share this article!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Return to top of page
Powered By Blogger | Design by Genesis Awesome | Blogger Template by Lord HTML