Monday, October 7, 2013

Sharing is Caring - Movies: Gravity (2013)


Over this past weekend, I got REALLY excited.  FINALLY - the one movie I have been waiting for almost the whole year, had come to the big screen.

G R A V I T Y

I first saw the 30-second teaser trailer for this movie months and months ago, and immediately knew it would be a movie I wanted to see.  I was only anxious as to what reviewers were going to say about the movie, and whether or not their views would sway my decision to actually go and see the movie in theaters instead of just waiting for it to come out on Blu-Ray.

3 weeks ago, the reviews started to come in on the movie, and they were AMAZING...

"It's an experience none of us could have dreamed of until now." Joe Morganstern, The Wall Street Journal

"Sandra Bullock gives the performance of her career." Scott Mantz, Access Hollywood

"'Gravity' shows us the glory of cinema's future." Richard Corliss, Time

"It's one of the most awe-inspiring achievements in the history of special-effects cinema." Tom Huddleston, Time Out London

"Unlike anything you have ever seen." Shawn Edwards, Fox-TV

"Cuaron is one of our greatest living directors." Stephanie Zacharek

This just made the whole experience that much more anticipated for me.  The day was getting nearer, and the reviews just kept getting better.  Finally, last Friday, all the reviews came out, and the website Rotten Tomatoes, which specializes in combining all reviews for a movie and giving it an "average" percentile, gave the movie "Gravity" a whopping 98%.  This was gonna be GOOD.

And it was..


The movie was intense, electrifying, and worth every second of it's 1 hour and 31 minute run.



I saw it in IMAX 3D, and it was visually stunning.  The cinematography and complete immersion into the story was unlike any other I have ever experienced.


Sandra Bullock was incredible - this was by far one of the best movies I have ever seen her in, if not the best work she's ever shown off to the public.


I was on the edge of my seat for almost every single moment.  There was never a down time, yet you never felt as if you were being rushed or exhausted in sticking with the movie and the characters.


The human interaction and reflection on the human condition was intense.  It made you question your own view of life and how to live, yet wasn't depressing despite the horrific situation the characters found themselves in.


Basically, I was in awe.  The movie was fantastic, and I absorbed every minute of it like an eager sponge.  I went with a good friend on Saturday to see it, and I've already convinced my fiancee to see it with me tomorrow, so that means I'll be seeing it once more.
...and I'm super excited.

If you have the means to, go see it, it is well worth every penny.


You can now purchase "Gravity" on Blu-Ray and DVD!  Find the links below:

Blu-Ray



DVD


All Photos are Courtesy of Gravity on Facebook



Subscribe to Our Blog Updates!




Share this article!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Return to top of page
Powered By Blogger | Design by Genesis Awesome | Blogger Template by Lord HTML