Wednesday, October 9, 2013

It's That Time of Year Again...Halloween Season!


It's that time of year again - Halloween is fast approaching!!

October 1st starts off my favorite time of year.  I love Fall weather, and I love how the colder seasons open up with the Halloween celebration.  Also, October holds a lot of dates close and dear to me - my birthday, for one, is on October 30th, and after this year, my wedding anniversary will be on October 26th.  It will be a fun-filled week at the end of October every year for me!  

Anniversary, birthday, Halloween - FUN!

I also love November and December as well, so October is spent anticipating those months.  I love that November slowly eases us into Winter, my favorite season.  And I love the month of December because of the holiday cheer that everyone seems to get in the mood about.  However, I don't like how commercialized it's become, and I try to stay away from that part of the holiday season, including avoiding Black Friday like the plague.  Personally, I love the hot cups of cider next to a fire while talking with family, or cozing up with a cuddly blanket, a cup of hot cocoa, and a book next to a window with it snowing outside.  THAT'S what I love about the holiday season.

But as for October, November, and December - I also love all of the movies that are made for these seasons.

We start with Halloween.  I watch many of the traditional movies - "The Nightmare Before Christmas", "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!", and "Halloweentown".  But my favorites are as follows:


Hocus Pocus


The story of the resurrection of the Sanderson Sisters in the 20th Century.  A true Disney classic.  I absolutely ADORE this movie and have loved it since the day it came out back in 1993,  Bette Midler, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Kathy Najimi are the trademark witches in my eye, and I can't help but laugh and have a good time every Halloween that I watch it.  Now that I live on the other side of the country from my parents, I actually arrange with my mother to start it at the same time every Halloween night - me at 9pm, her at 6pm (to accommodate the time difference), so she and I are still able to watch it together :).


ParaNorman


ParaNorman is a new one for me, having only come out in September of last year (2012).  But this movie is fantastic, and has become a part of my movie tradition list to watch during the Halloween season.  I saw it in theaters with my mom and my fiancee when my mom was visiting me last year, and we were all HOWLING with laughter!  It is touching, charming, extremely funny, and even has a great moment in praise for the LGBT community!  Not to mention, the scene where I almost peed my pants in laughter was well worth every second.  If you haven't seen this yet, I highly recommend it.  You will not be disappointed!

Happy Halloween everyone!



Subscribe to Our Blog Updates!




Share this article!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Return to top of page
Powered By Blogger | Design by Genesis Awesome | Blogger Template by Lord HTML