Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Blog Challenge - Day 6

Back to the blog challenge!  Today we are going over Pet Peeves and, though I like to think of myself as a calm, kind, and generous person - I still have those few things that really irk me.  Let's review them, shall we?

I. Turn Signals
Why do people leave their f***in' turn signals on when they drive?!  I mean, yes, please, DEAR GOD, use the damn thing in life, but don't forget to turn it off!  Constantly, when I'm driving home or driving to work, or somewhere in between even, I see people put the turn signal on, change lanes, and then LEAVE THE BLOODY THING ON for, sometimes, miles!  I'm not sure why, but it is one of the most annoying things to experience for me.  Just, if you've already made your move, don't tease the rest of us with thinking you're not done yet!  Turn the darned thing off!

II. Judgement
I sincerely dislike judgement of all types and forms.  It is no one's right or place to judge other people just because they're different from you, no matter what form that's in.  Even the good judging the bad - that's still not fair.  No, I am not condoning anyone's evil actions (i.e. rape, murder, etc.) as being okay, they are fundamentally not okay at all.  But judging someone based on something they express differently then you because, well, they're NOT you - that's not cool.  It is not your place to say what's right and what's wrong in this society.  Just because someone has a different skin color doesn't mean they are automatically "foreign" and should be treated as such.  And just because someone loves another person of the same gender does not mean they are living in sin, nor does it mean they are going to hell.  I don't see how anyone has the right to judge people based on things they 1. don't understand and, 2. don't have any say in.  But hey, that's just my feeling :).


III. Assumption
It really, REALLY irks me when people assume what you're doing or saying or thinking instead of just asking you what you are doing, saying, or thinking before jumping to conclusions.  The human mind is a wondrous thing that can come up with some of the most amazing stories about what someone is saying to you, doing to you, or thinking about you.  And, most of the time, that assumed story that your human mind has made up...well...it's usually DEAD WRONG.  Give people the benefit of the doubt, and make sure you ask before acting upon something you THINK the other person is doing.  More often than not, you'll be surprised at how wrong you really were. ;)  Remember, the phrase is "innocent until proven guilty", not "guilty until proven innocent".


There you go people - my pet peeves.  Keep those few things in mind - try not to judge others, especially when you're assuming what they're doing instead of out-right asking them.  Don't be judgmental  and give all of your loved ones the benefit of asking them what they mean before assuming that they are saying something or doing something that is meant to hurt you.  If you are loved, then those around you are not usually out to make you feel belittled or hurt - so make sure you respect them as well by giving them their benefits too.

That is it for the day, I am stepping off my soap box.  Now go out and conquer the world!






Subscribe to Our Blog Updates!




Share this article!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Return to top of page
Powered By Blogger | Design by Genesis Awesome | Blogger Template by Lord HTML