Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Blog Challenge - Day 13

Very often in my life, my goals have changed.  To this day, they are still changing all the time.  But nowadays, they are starting to come together.  I'm sure that some of them will still change from this point forward, but I also have a strong feeling that many will stay the same, or keep to the same variation.  So, for now, my goals are as follows:


1. Writer
I would definitely like to be a published author one day.  That is a dream I have that I think could be very obtainable if I ever get the time to sit down and write the stories in my head ;).  But I hope to one day fulfill that dream.  In the meantime, I am going to school to become a technical writer (a professional writer who designs, writes, creates, maintains, and updates technical documentation).

2. A Loving Family
I want to make sure that I have a loving and open family that is accepted wherever we chose to live.  I'm going to be a part of a "different" family seeing as my partner and I are both women bringing a child into this world and nurturing that child as two moms.  With all that could be different because of the way my family is, I only want to make sure that my child grows up well and as far away from hatred as possible.  I want my family to be loving and caring for themselves as well as those around them.

3. Take Four Vacations A Year
I don't want my work life and daily life to prevent me from having fun a few times a year, or forget the true definition of a "weekend".  I want to spend time with my family outside of our daily grind, and I want to spend time with my wife away from the kids and work schedules that we abide by most of the year.  So yes, I want to make sure I take at least 4 vacations a year to make this happen.  Some people scoff at that, and I'm sure they have their reasons to - but I will make sure it happens in my family :).

4. Live in California
I want to live in California again - most specifically Southern California, where I grew up.  I miss the people and the culture, the weather and the mindset, the climate and the adventures, the lifestyle and the beaches.  I miss it all, and I can't wait to move back.  I hope one day I will be able to.

5. Live Financially Comfortable
I think it is every person's dream to have lots of money in their lives, to be able to spend and buy and take care of things without the hassle of worrying about budgets and finances, etc.  I am one of those people - however, I don't want to be "rich" per se.  I would like to be able to live comfortably.  I would like to be able to pay the bills, buy nice things, take care of my family, and take vacations - without the worry of breaking the bank.  I would like to be able to have money readily available if something were to happen, or something were to go wrong - have the money to jet off to a foreign country at a moment's notice to address something within my family or just take a trip - have money to lend to my family if something happens to them or they are in a time of need.  Those types of things.  I don't want to drive a BMW or own a yacht, but I would love to have a nice house in a beautiful area, and the means in which to live life to the fullest, without having to worry whether my life is going to fit into my budget.



Subscribe to Our Blog Updates!




Share this article!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Return to top of page
Powered By Blogger | Design by Genesis Awesome | Blogger Template by Lord HTML