Friday, June 21, 2013

Blog Challenge - Day 1

To really start off this blog, I've decided to take up the 30 Day Blog Challenge that my good friend (who is an excellent blogger) did herself just a few months ago.  So, here's a start to what I hope to be something fun and interesting!

Introduce Yourself

Well, it seems I have already done most of that in my last two posts lol.  But just to recap: my name is Elizabeth, I am 27 years old living in the good ol' US of A outside of Washington, DC.  I love writing, reading, music, and movies, and I hope to portray that I am kind and warm, non-judgmental, and a good person.

A Recent Picture of Yourself

Here you go!  My "solo shot" from my Engagement Shoot




















15 Interesting Facts

Hmmm, well, we could always start with the basics and see where that leads!

1. I am Type 1 Diabetic - I have been since I was 5 (I will be honoring 23 years diagnosed this Christmas)
2. My pen name (pseudonym) is Elizabeth Riley - keeping my first name and using my pet's name for last name lol.





3. I "came out" at the age of 19, and have been a proud member of the LGBT community ever since, showing my pride and being a part of the battle for equality as much as possible.




4. My mom is a retired professional opera singer, singing in Europe and the US in her career.  From her, I've developed a good singing voice, but it's only something I do for fun, not for pay (which was a huge upset to my mother lol).
5. I've been a Harry Potter fan (Potterhead) since the first book was released in 1996, in which I was 11 years old.  I loved being able to grow up with the kids as they themselves grew.  With that being said, I've been a Harry Potter fan for close to 20 years, and I've loved every minute of it :).





6. I have an absolutely huge and ridiculous crush on Emma Watson, and have since I first saw her in the Harry Potter movies when they were first released in the US in 2001. My fiancée is aware of this crush, and doesn't mind it in the least lol.



7. I LOVE writing - it's my biggest passion.  I've had some very close friends read the one piece of work I've done (under a different name), and been returned with glowing reviews.  I posted my piece up on fanfiction.net as well, and have received praise there too.  If you'd like to check out my story, please feel free here.  PLEASE NOTE:  IT IS OF ADULT NATURE AND CONTENT, RATED M. PLEASE DO NOT READ IF THIS IS NOT FOR YOU.  In addition, I am currently working on my first novel that I hope to have finished before the end of the year.  Then to the task of getting it published lol ;).
8. I currently work with non-profit organizations, and I love it.  It's like being paid to volunteer with your favorite charity :).




9. I am studying at university in English to become a Technical Writer (back up plan if author doesn't work out lol).  I had to delay university in my past because of some health issues that came up in my young adult life.  But everything is healthy now, and I will graduate with my degree in May of 2014.



10. I love and miss my dog Riley, who is back in Los Angeles with my parents.  She is the cutest thing ever, and I can't wait to go back to Los Angeles to see her.
11. I am an aunt to a beautiful little girl named Isabella.  She is one of the cutest kids alive. 
12. I am an only child in a sense, as I didn't grow up with brothers or sisters.  However, I have two half brothers from my Dad that are older than me.  One of them was already in college when I was born, while the other was about to graduate high school.



13. I just found out I am going to Cancun, Mexico for my honeymoon, and I am SOOO excited!




14. I am a big lover of music - it helps feed my soul and I use to influence my emotions, get me motivated, help me study/write, and fall in love.  It is what brings my emotions alive.
15. I LOVE books, reading, and literature.  I am the person that knows almost every book, can recommend a good book to you to read if you give me a few requirements, and I spend as much of my free time as I can give reading.  Harry Potter is still the series that I use as my "comfort" books, and probably always will, and I have loved that series for many years.




Thanks for catching up with me!  If you're interested in following my friend's blog that inspired me to write my own, you can follow her here: melodymoonchild



Subscribe to Our Blog Updates!




Share this article!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Return to top of page
Powered By Blogger | Design by Genesis Awesome | Blogger Template by Lord HTML